...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Friday, February 06, 2015

My Vision Board

Where do I want to go this year?  


the plan
 Embracing life, I am going for learning to love myself.  I need to remember how to trust and have confidence again.  On the outside, I may seem confident to most, but inside I really feel inferior.  No more.  I will not be made to feel I am unworthy again.  I am full of life.

My Vision Board

Starting with myself at the center and everything radiating from there.  Mostly this year will be about my career.  My goal is to have my own classroom.  I found a picture of students on exercise balls which is just like my fourth graders from my student teaching. I love exercise balls in the classroom! They really do help with wiggles.  The picture just above me and to the left shows a classroom of the 21st century - technology!  There are quotes about teachers too, about always being a learner.

To my right is the section on Wealth or Finances.  I am in for huge changes in this area over this next year, but I am having faith that all will work itself out.
Wealth





I've used the Mario and Luigi with their coins to remind myself to not stress.  I don't need much in life.  And truthfully, true wealth, and happiness comes from those things money cannot buy.  I am following my dreams.  Independence is something I have never really known.  I am ready.

New House
On my left, I need to start thinking of new housing.  When my divorce is final, I will not be able to afford the Burrow.  It doesn't really hold memories that other houses have held for me.  It is right next door to my MIL though, and I did design and re-do the kitchen.  I will miss my kitchen.  But, I have the knowledge of what a redesign takes!  I know how to do the research on what I want and how to make it happen.  Plus, maybe that means I'll be able to work with my contractor once again.  Friendships are another important part of my future.



New Friends

I do treasure my current friends.  I realize though, in order to have new relationships...and I do not want to be alone in life...I need to be able to walk away from bad situations and embrace new friends.  I need new experiences.  I want to move forward.  I am all ready looking into new organizations to be passionate about!  Doing new things will broaden my friend pool.  Sounds like a win, win to me.

Adventures - Travels
I have spent the past almost two years deeply involved in my schooling.  Both of my children have pretty much left home.  They are both adults and need me in tiny ways.  It's time for me to start exploring the world.  I've included a map of the National Parks because I would LOVE to explore these most of all.  Traveling the world would be nice too, but really, we have so much beauty here, I'd like to do that first.  Maybe I'm being realistic, knowing my budget too.  I would like to go to Italy some day, but not yet.  I have a photo of Clingmans Dome, which is located in the Great Smokey Mountains.  I want to go here this year.  Fall Break - in October.  That's my plan.  I'm thinking Winston will be up to traveling!

On the top left of my board I have the hardest goals to conquer...my self-esteem and body image.
Self-esteem/ Body Image
There is a quote in the top left corner from Marilyn Monroe, "To all girls who think they're fat because you're not a size zero, you are beautiful one.  It's society who's ugly."  I go back and forth between feeling comfortable in my skin.  I have lived with someone who made me feel guilty for being curvy.  Again...no more.  I do have a few extra pounds on my frame but I do not sit around like a bump on a log.  I am active. I enjoy exploring out in nature.  

The last part of my board has to do with moving forward, learning to trust, and being grateful.  
Confidence - Trust - Gratitude
I have spent the past nine months writing down five things each day that I am thankful for in my life before I have gone to bed.  Now it's time to start each day by being grateful as well.  Learning to trust again may be the hardest thing to do though.  That along with feeling comfortable about my body.   I have a hard time believing anything anyone says to me now, and I don't really even trust myself.  With time and space, I'm healing. 

Beauty resides in the heart.  
Others who cannot see and appreciate my beauty need to not be in my life.  
I need to have the strength to let go of things, and people, that no longer serve me.  

Peace and Love are in my future.
Happiness and Adventure.
Passion and Financial Security.   
And I will do it all,
 myself, 
Because I can! 

~Lisa

1 comment:

Mary Peckham said...

Lisa, this is all so thoughtful and positive and just wonderful! You have clearly done so much hard work and thought so deeply about your life--past, present, and future. It is very humbling to me, since I have done far too little of this. Know that Chris and I, your old neighbors, have always thought and will always think the world of you. You are such a capable, compassionate woman, and we believe you can do anything you set your mind to. Your students will be SO fortunate to have you! Love, MKP